Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Winning Quilt (Row By Row 2016)


I had fun this summer collecting and sewing these unique rows. I call the quilt my Summer Travels Quilt 2016. Reading through a magazine in July I learned about this contest. Little did I know that in September I would be able to finish and turn in my quilt to win a prize. Common Threads in St. Louis Michigan is where I turned my quilt in. Although I did not have their row in my finished work, I will return next year to this quilt shop and get their row first. 

Summer Travels Quilt 2016 has rows from these quilt shops (Top to Bottom and from North to South): 
Portage Quilt House; Houghton, MI
Country Garden & Quilts; Ispheming, MI
Alley Kats; Marquette, MI
Village Fabrics; Paradise, MI
Surrey RD; Clare, MI
Keepsake Quilts, Mt. Pleasant. MI
Miles of Stitches; Merrill, MI
Sulphur Grove; Huber Heights OH
Sew Many Blessing; Huntington WV

I was able to collect each of the quilt shops licences plates. I also included an outline of each state that the quilt shop was from. This contest was a lot of fun and I hope to be able to do it again next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment